Admissions Procedures for Credit Programs
- Complete and submit application for admission with a one-time nonrefundable $25 fee.
- Submit an official high school or GED transcript. Please refer to High School Diploma/GED Requirements section. Certain identified certificate programs do not require a high school diploma or GED.
- If you have previously attended college/technical school, submit an official transcript from each college/technical school attended.
- If you have taken a SAT, ACT, ASSET or COMPASS college placement test within the last five (5) years, submit your official test scores.
- Complete ASSET or COMPASS placement testing. Applicants who submit official placement test scores or college transcripts may not be required to test with West Georgia if the previous test scores or course completion meet program placement requirements.
- Submit Resident Alien Card (if applicable). Applicants who hold green cards or who qualify under refugee or asylee status must submit photocopies of their resident alien cards.
- The Office of Student Affairs will notify applicants by letter of acceptance status.
- Applicants to diploma and degree Health Sciences programs must complete a competitive selection process prior to admission to the desired diploma or degree program. Applicants may choose to be institutionally accepted to begin taking required core classes or they may choose to be admitted to the Healthcare Science or Healthcare Assistant certificate program. Please refer to the Additional Procedures for Diploma and Associate Degree Level Health Sciences Programs section of this catalog for additional information.