Trinka Davis Award
$500 for Veterans at WGTC
West Georgia Technical College offers Veteran Trinka Davis Award, sponsored by the Katherine “Trinka” Davis Rynne Endowment Fund. The award is for current enrolled veterans or an enrolled spouse of a veteran from Carroll, Haralson, or Heard County. The money will be used to help buy books, pay fees or tuition. Students must complete the WGTC Scholarship Application process:
VETERAN’S ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a resident of Carroll, Heard or Haralson County
- Must be currently enlisted or an honorably discharged veteran.
- May be a spouse of a military service member
- Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a credit program at West Georgia Technical College
- Scholarship applicants must be making satisfactory academic progress •
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Completed Local Scholarship application.
- A copy of the veteran’s DD-214 or a letter certifying current service.
- A complete and signed copy of the applicant’s current 1040 tax form.
- (Will be used to verify financial need.)
- If the applicant’s name appears on anyone else’s 1040 tax form, it too must be attached.
- Spouse must provide proof of marriage to Veteran.
- Students without a U.S. Tax Form must have completed a federal financial application (FAFSA).
- ESSAY-Please refer to the essay portion of Scholarship Application.
Award RECIPIENTS will be required to write a “thank you” letter to the Katherine “Trinka” Davis Rynne Endowment Fund. This “thank you” letter must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office before your award will be disbursed to your student account.