Sallie Mae Loan Program for Credit Students
- Borrow up to 100% of your school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Full principal and interest payments begin six months after you leave school
You must attend an eligible school and be enrolled in an eligible program. U.S. citizens enrolled in eligible study abroad programs or studying at medical schools outside the United States are also eligible. International students are eligible with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and appropriate U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service documentation. You must meet current credit and other eligibility criteria.
To apply for a Sallie Mae Loan you must follow these steps:
- You must fill out an admissions application at your school of choice and be accepted into the college.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal FAFSA (for returning students).
- You should consider federally guaranteed Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans FIRST! (Links to WGTC’s Federal Student Loan page)
Students will apply here: