The scholarship application deadline for summer semester 2015 has passed. Fall semester application will open June 1st.
|Semester||Deadline to Apply for Scholarships|
|Fall Semester||July 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||April 1|
WGTC Foundation Scholarships
The West Georgia Technical College Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to students who are pursuing a certificate, diploma, or an associate degree program at West Georgia Technical College. Student applicants with demonstrated financial need and no other form of financial aid will be given priority.
To qualify, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Student is enrolled in a program of study leading to a certificate, diploma, or associate degree
- Show demonstrated financial need in continuing education goals as evidenced by student’s financial aid application and student's written essay
- Must maintain satisfactory progress according to the College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
West Georgia Technical College Scholarships (click image to download PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions for WGTC Foundation Scholarships
How do I apply for a WGTC Foundation Scholarship?
- Students must apply each term by the published deadline
- Review the available scholarships and criteria to determine if you qualify for a particular scholarship
- Submit the completed application online within the published deadlines
- Please note the scholarship application deadline and the deadline for registering (located on the application) to be considered for a scholarship. No applications will be accepted after the scholarship deadline.
If I am awarded a scholarship, what happens next?
- The Foudation Office will send an email to those students on their WGTC email who have been awarded a scholarship.
- Due to the number of scholarships that are awarded each semester, a denial email is not sent to the student. All registered applicants are considered at any time for all scholarship opportunities brought to the Office of Financial Aid.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be required to write a “thank you” letter to the donor. The donor will be named in your award email.
- West Georgia Technical College's Institutional Advancement Office staff will handle promotional coverage of all scholarships. They may request additional information from you and/or a photo for promotional publications.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
2014-2015 SGA Scholarships
WGTC Student Government Association
Applications Due: July 18th