Your academic advisor is the person that will help guide you along as you plan your schedule each semester. Your advisor may change as you progress or if your program changes.
Things to consider when choosing classes and planning your schedule:
- Where is the class located?
- What days and what time does the class meet?
- Does the class fit in with your current workload or family requirements? Consider time that you will spend outside of class in study.
- Do you plan to be a full-time student, taking at least 12 credits?
- Consider taking 5 courses per semester to complete your program within the expected timeframe.
- Different programs require different courses. Taking classes outside of your program may affect your Financial Aid and delay completion of your program.
- If you plan to transfer to a university, be sure that you are aware of which classes will transfer. Contact the Registrar of the school to which you plan to transfer and ask!