Welcome to West Georgia Technical College’s Online Learning Program!
Imagine being able to take the classes you want "anytime and anywhere” or as "pajama” learning! This is the promise of online learning! West Georgia Technical College (WGTC) recognizes that because of work, family obligations and/or geographical constraints, not all students are able to attend classes on campus. With this in mind, our online courses are designed to meet the needs of all students who seek a quality education. This site is designed for students interested in online, hybrid, or web-enhanced courses.
What do I need to complete online courses? In addition to being comfortable operating within a technology-based educational environment, possessing basic computer literacy, and being able to perform fundamental computer functions in an efficient manner, online students will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Access and use the Internet
- Use an account name and password to logon to the course site
- Send and respond to e-mail
- Send and receive files electronically
- Participate in online discussion boards and chat rooms
- Search websites as well as access required Internet-based learning resources
- Apply basic troubleshooting techniques to “fix” hardware and/or software problems as required
Online students must have access to an appropriately configured computer with Internet access and the proper software to ensure successful course completion. West Georgia Technical College Online is a member of the Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC). An innovation of the Technical College System of Georgia, GVTC delivers courses and programs through the Internet.
We invite you to experience the convenience and excitement that comes from taking classes online at West Georgia Technical College!