Local Scholarship Application Deadline is July 1!
Scholarship Application - paper version
The West Georgia Technical College Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to students who are pursuing a certificate, diploma, or an associate degree program at West Georgia Technical College. Student applicants with demonstrated financial need and no other form of financial aid will be given priority.
To qualify, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Student is enrolled in a program of study leading to a certificate, diploma, or associate degree
- Show demonstrated financial need in continuing education goals as evidenced by student’s financial aid application and student's written essay
- Must maintain satisfactory progress according to the College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
$500 for Veterans at WGTC
West Georgia Technical College offers Veteran Trinka Davis Award, sponsored by the Katherine “Trinka” Davis Rynne Endowment Fund. The award is for current enrolled veterans or an enrolled spouse of a veteran from Carroll, Haralson, or Heard County. The money will be used to help buy books, pay fees or tuition. Students must complete the WGTC Scholarship Application process:
VETERAN’S ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a resident of Carroll, Heard or Haralson County
- Must be currently enlisted or an honorably discharged veteran.
- May be a spouse of a military service member
- Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a credit program at West Georgia Technical College
- Scholarship applicants must be making satisfactory academic progress •
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Completed Local Scholarship application.
- A copy of the veteran’s DD-214 or a letter certifying current service.
- A complete and signed copy of the applicant’s current 1040 tax form.
- (Will be used to verify financial need.)
- If the applicant’s name appears on anyone else’s 1040 tax form, it too must be attached.
- Spouse must provide proof of marriage to Veteran.
- Students without a U.S. Tax Form must have completed a federal financial application (FAFSA).
- ESSAY-Please refer to the essay portion of Scholarship Application.
Award RECIPIENTS will be required to write a “thank you” letter to the Katherine “Trinka” Davis Rynne Endowment Fund. This “thank you” letter must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office before your award will be disbursed to your student account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a local scholarship at West Georgia?
- Students must apply each term by the published deadline
- Review the available scholarships and criteria to determine if you qualify for a particular scholarship
- Print the scholarship application and submit the completed application to the Financial Aid Office within the published deadlines
- Note the scholarship application deadline. The Financial Aid Office must receive your completed scholarship application by the published deadline for the term
If I am awarded a local scholarship, how will I be notified?
- Once the scholarship deadline has passed for the term, the Scholarship Committee will review all scholarship applications and meet to award the available scholarships to eligible students for the term
- The Financial Aid Office will send you a letter indicating your award or non-award status for the scholarship
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be required to write a “thank you” letter to the donor. This “thank you” letter must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office before your scholarship award will be disbursed
- West Georgia’s Institutional Advancement Office staff will handle promotional coverage of all scholarships. They may request additional information and/or a picture for promotional publications.