|Fall 2012 QEP Newsletter||Summer 2012 QEP Newsletter|
|Spring 2013 QEP Newsletter||Summer 2013 QEP Newsletter|
Phase 1: Initial Planning
The primary purpose of this phase is to identify the resources that will be required for QEP development and to initiate the work in identifying an appropriate topic. Foundational work involves examining the WGTC Strategic Plan and QEP topics developed by other institutions. In addition, WGTC conducted the CSSEE in Winter Quarter 2010, the results of which will provide substantial insight into student learning related engagement. The goal of Phase 1 is to develop a list of substantial QEP topics that merit further consideration. The following actions are intended during July-October 2010:
- Constitute a QEP Planning team with broad representation
- Review strategic plan and develop one-page proposals for topics
- Research and review QEP topics developed by other institutions
- Develop campus wide process for eliciting reaction to identified topics and potential ideas for other topics
- Analyze the results of the CSSEE and other instruments to identify areas of significant potential for improvement of student learning
- Synthesize results to develop major alternate topics (10)
- Solicit College community feedback to identify viable candidate topics
Phase 2: QEP Topic Selection
Using the short list of topics, the purpose of Phase 2 is to ensure that there is a research-based foundation for each of the topics. These results along with prior feedback from the College community will form the basis for selection of the topic. The following actions are intended during November 2010 - January 2011:
- Engage selected WGTC faculty to develop background research on topic area and its potential for improving student learning
- Potential for identifying QEP Leader/Coordinator
- Potential budget implications Potential for practical implementation
- Potential value of topic area for WGTC
- Create prestigious review committee to evaluate the research reports and provide recommendations
- WGTC SACS Leadership Team selects topic
Suggest a QEP Topic - Topic suggestion submissions are now closed.
Final Topic Selection
Welcome to West Georgia Technical College’s SACS Accreditation Reaffirmation website for the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is the regional body for the accreditation of higher education institutions in the southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia) and Latin America awarding associate, baccalaureate, masters, or doctoral degrees.
West Georgia Technical College was accredited for the merger in December 2009. The College’s accreditation status will be reviewed in 2012. A new component of the accreditation process is the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). The development of the QEP is an opportunity for the institution to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue or issues the institution considers important to improving student learning.
As a five-year project, the QEP should represent a new endeavor for the College and not be something that has been or is nearly accomplished. It is essential that the QEP have broad-based College input in the selection of the topic and be accepted by the College community as having important value for the College in enhancing student learning.