Dual Enrollment Admissions Requirements
What Is Required for Admission?
- Current student enrolled in an eligible public or private high school (or home school program) in Georgia.
- Official SAT, ACT, ASSET, PSAT, COMPASS, Classic Accuplacer or Accuplacer Next Generation placement test scores, or HOPE GPA after 10th grade (Requirements can be found below).
- Dual Enrollment admissions application.
**IMPORTANT REMINDER** The process of becoming a Dual Enrollment student begins with the high school counselor’s office and a signed participation agreement among the student, parent and high school.
- Submit official SAT/ACT, ASSET, PSAT, COMPASS, Classic Accuplacer test scores or take the Accuplacer Next Generation placement exam, or submit HOPE GPA after 10th grade (for more information regarding testing requirements, see below).
- Complete the Dual Enrollment admissions application.
- Meet with your high school counselor and parent/guardian to complete the agreement to participate in WGTC dual enrollment.
- Log in or set up a GAFutures account at GAFutures.org, and complete the Dual Enrollment (financial aid) application online.
- Receive acceptance letter/email.
- Attend orientation and registration session with WGTC high school coordinator (information for scheduling will be included in acceptance letter/email).
For additional information, please contact us at DualEnroll@westgatech.edu.
Qualifying test scores to enroll in Dual Enrollment Core Courses are as follows:
- Accuplacer Next Generation: Reading 236, Writing, 249, Quantitative Reasoning 245
- Classic Accuplacer: Reading 64, Sentence Skills 70, Elementary Algebra 57
- SAT (since March 2016): Reading 17, Writing 17, Math 21
- SAT (March 2005-February 2016): Critical Reading 290, Math 380
- ACT: Reading 16, English 14, Math 17
- ASSET: Reading 41, Writing 40, Math 32, Algebra 42
- PSAT: Reading 17, Writing 17, Math 21
- COMPASS: Reading 79, Writing 62, Math 26, Algebra 37
- Georgia Milestones: Reading and Writing 525
Qualifying test scores to enroll in Dual Enrollment Certificate Courses are as follows:
- Accuplacer Next Generation: Reading 224, Writing 236, Arithemetic 229, Quantitative Reasoning 231*
- Classic Accuplacer: Reading 55, Sentence Skills 60, Math 34, Elementary Algebra 23*
- SAT (since March 2016): Reading 16, Writing 15, Math 18
- SAT (March 2005-February 2016): Critical Reading 270, Math 310
- ACT: Reading 14, English 13, Math 14, Algebra 14*
- ASSET: Reading 38, Writing 37, Math 32, Algebra 36*
- PSAT: Reading 16, Writing 15, Math 18
- COMPASS: Reading 70, Writing 32, Math 26, Algebra 28*
- Georgia Milestones: Reading and Writing 525
*The algebra score is only required for certain certificate programs and will not apply to most technical certificate programs.
- If you have taken the SAT, then go to www.collegeboard.org, log in to your account, and request that your scores get sent to West Georgia Technical College.
- If you have taken the ACT, then go to www.actstudent.org, log in to your account, and request that your scores get sent to West Georgia Technical College.
- If you have not taken the SAT, ACT or COMPASS, or your scores do not meet the minimum requirements, then you will be required to take our Accuplacer entrance exam.
Accuplacer TESTING INFORMATION
- There is no charge for the first attempt on the Accuplacer placement test for high school students wishing to pursue Dual Enrollment
- Testing days/times are listed below.
- Students must present their photo ID at the time of the test, and identify themselves to the testing administrator as a high school student testing for Dual Enrollment.
- Students must know/bring their Social Security Number, as this will be used to issue them a West Georgia Tech student ID number (900#).
Accuplacer Testing Days and Times:
Carroll Campus – 770-836-6800 – Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Coweta Campus – 770-755-7440 – Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Douglas Campus – 770-947-7300 – Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
LaGrange Campus – 706-756-4650 – Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Murphy Campus – 770-537-5740 – Thursdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Or contact us at DualEnroll@westgatech.edu.
Dual Enrollment Retest Policy
A student who applies to enroll at WGTC through the Dual Enrollment program may retest in the following ways:
- A student is allowed one free retest session after submitting a Dual Enrollment Student Application to WGTC AND completing three (3) months of high school instruction.
A Dual Enrollment applicant may choose to retest by waiting seven (7) days and by paying $15 per test session (Reading, Sentence Skills or Math/Algebra). The student must pay a WGTC campus cashier prior to retesting and will complete retesting through the traditional WGTC testing schedule on the college campus. A picture ID and SS# is required to check in