Steps for Registration
After being accepted to WGTC, the following are the steps to register for classes:
- Log in to Self Service Banner Web
Complete directions for Self Service Banner Web are available online at www.westgatech.edu/Banner.
Self Service Banner Web is the student database that you will use to view your account balance, pay fees, view grades, view holds, and view other valuable student information. As a WGTC Dual Enrollment (DE) student, you will have a registration hold on your account that prevents you from registering yourself.
- Set up your WGTC student email account and begin checking your email daily
All communication from the college to a student is made through the WGTC student email account. The WGTC student email login tutorial is located at www.westgatech.edu/Banner. It is important to check your WGTC student email account daily to avoid missing news about registration or other critical information.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Funding Application and have your parent complete the parent participation agreement
The DE funding application and parent participation agreement MUST be completed once at the beginning of the school year or your entry semester prior to registration.
• You may locate the directions on how to complete the DE funding application online at www.GAfutures.org.
- After discussing the DE courses that you would like to register for with your High School Counselor, please select the course sections you would like to be registered for
• Students taking Dual Enrollment core courses:
Use the Banner Web Interactive Class Schedule to find the CRNs for the courses you would like to register for. The Interactive Class Schedule is found at www.westgatech.edu/Banner. You may email this information to Dualenroll@westgatech.edu or meet with your WGTC High School Coordinator for advisement/registration
*If you are taking an online core course: You must complete the online learning tutorials. Please visit https://www.westgatech.edu/program-explorer/onlinelearning/blackboard/student-blackboard-training/ for complete information regarding online courses.
• Students taking Dual Enrollment technical program courses: Select which technical program you would like to enroll in. Next, email this information to Dualenroll@westgatech.edu or meet with your WGTC High School Coordinator for advisement/registration.
Changing Your Major
If you need to change your major, please send an email to email@example.com and include your name, primary campus, student ID number, effective semester of major change, confirmation that you are a dual enrolled student, and what you are changing your major to.
Will My Course Transfer?
Visit GATRACS: your one stop site for college transfer information.
For additional information, please contact us at DualEnroll@westgatech.edu.