CARES Funds Disbursement Report
West Georgia Technical College signed and returned the Recipient’s Funding Certification and Agreement Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on April 23, 2020. The college intends to use the funds to provide the mandated amount of at least 50% of the emergency financial aid grants to students.
- West Georgia Technical College has received $2,221,403 from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of May 21, 2020, West Georgia Technical College has disbursed $1,686,000 to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- West Georgia Technical College has identified 2,810 students who meet the criteria to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Students who were enrolled spring semester as of March 13, met eligibility requirements, and were not enrolled exclusively online were selected to receive an emergency grant. To determine how much grant money each student would receive, West Georgia Technical College took its total allotment of funds (less those retained for future disbursement) and divided it by the number of eligible students equally, awarding each student $600.
- In an effort to ensure students were aware of the emergency grant, and to be as transparent as possible, the following communications have been provided to students, or made available on the College’s website.