CARES/HEERF II FUNDS DISBURSEMENT REPORT UPDATE – June 30
June 30 CARES/HEERF Funds Disbursement Report Update
West Georgia Technical College (OPE ID: 10487) received education funds through the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
The college appreciates that Congress and the President have made these critical funds available for eligible students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus pandemic. We take receipt of these federal funds seriously and are distributing them in accordance with the regulations and implementing guidance.
The college is making the below information available for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s (“Department”) Electronic Announcement of May 6, 2020. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Carol M. Reid, Vice President of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The college signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. The college has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the college will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the college’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students from HEERF II and III is $12,982,237.00.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students as of the date of this Fund Report is $198,250.00.
- The estimated total number of students at the college eligible to participate in programs as of the date of this Fund Report is 606.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant is 606.
- The methods used by the college to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much they would receive are provided at Attachment A.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the college to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants are provided at westgatech.edu/coronavirus-information-and-resources.
*Must be enrolled in summer semester 202116
• No Transient Students or Students on Tuition Waiver
• No Dual Enrolled Students
• Funds cannot be sent to the Bookstore
• Banner Account Authorization Required
• Deadline to submit June 7th, 2021
Credit Hours: 1-8 $250.00
Credit Hours: 9 or more $500.00