CARES/HEERF II FUNDS DISBURSEMENT REPORT UPDATE – March 31 2021
March 31 CARES/HEERF Funds Disbursement Report Update
West Georgia Technical College (OPE ID: 10487) received education funds through the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
The college appreciates that Congress and the President have made these critical funds available for eligible students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus pandemic. We take receipt of these federal funds seriously and are distributing them in accordance with the regulations and implementing guidance.
The college is making the below information available for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s (“Department”) Electronic Announcement of May 6, 2020. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Carol M. Reid, Vice President of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The college signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. The college has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the college will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the college’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $2,221,403.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students as of the date of this Fund Report is $1,172,950.00.
- The estimated total number of students at the college eligible to participate in programs as of the date of this Fund Report is 4421.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant is 4421.
- The methods used by the college to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much they would receive are provided at Attachment A.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the college to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants are provided at westgatech.edu/coronavirus-information-and-resources.
Eligibility (as of the date of this report)
- Still enrolled in at least 1 credit class (including exclusively online students).
- Enrolled in an eligible program that leads to a certificate, diploma or degree
- Title IV eligible students only (must have completed a FAFSA for 19/20 aid year and all outstanding verification C codes on FAFSA cleared)
- Most current (spring) SAP code is good standing, warning, or approved academic plan standing
- Dual Enrollment student
- Foreign Students (includes DACA)
- Transient Students
- Defaulted on student loans, over-payments, or other loan restrictions
|Tier 1: Zero EFC + FT (9+ CH)||$500|
|Tier 2: Zero EFC + PT (1-8CH)||$375|
|Tier 3: EFC $1 – $5,711||$250|
|Tier 4: EFC $5,712 – $99,999 250||$125|
|Tier 5: No KNOWN EFC –||$50|