CARES Funds Disbursement Report Update – September 8
September 8 CARES Funds Disbursement Report Update
West Georgia Technical College (OPE ID: 10487) received education stabilization funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), Public Law No: 116-136. This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
The college appreciates that Congress and the President have made these critical funds available for eligible students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus pandemic. We take receipt of these federal funds seriously and are distributing them in accordance with the CARES Act and implementing guidance.
The college is making the below information available for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s (“Department”) Electronic Announcement of May 6, 2020. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Carol M. Reid, Vice President of Administration, email@example.com.
- The college signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. The college has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the college will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the college’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $2,221,403.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is $2,221,336.34 .
- The estimated total number of students at the college eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as of the date of this Fund Report is 3341.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is 3341.
- The methods used by the college to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act are provided at Attachment A.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the college to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants are provided at www.westgatech.edu/coronavirus-information-and-resources.
Eligibility (as of the date of this report)
- Still enrolled in at least 1 credit class after March 13 (including exclusively online students).
- Enrolled in an eligible program that leads to a certificate, diploma or degree
- Title IV eligible students only (must have completed a FAFSA for 19/20 aid year and all outstanding verification C codes on FAFSA cleared)
- Most current (spring) SAP code is good standing, warning, or approved academic plan standing
- Dual Enrollment student
- Foreign Students (includes DACA)
- Transient Students
- Defaulted on student loans, over-payments, or other loan restrictions