The West Georgia Technical College Mentor Connection Program servers to establish a connection between mentor and a student that will support self advocacy and guide a committed student to graduation. The Mentor Connection Program will provide positive connection to foster the creation of a safe, comfortable learning environment.
The WGTC Mentor Connection can offer you …
- A network of faculty and staff mentors to support and guide students through their WGTC experience.
- A program where students feel supported by college personnel, comfortable and safe in a welcoming learning
environment, and challenged and rewarded by successfully navigating the college process.
- A program that will support the acquisition of knowledge and the journey to becoming life-long learners.
- Assist students into their transition to college.
- Build students’ self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Establish relationships between staff/faculty and students.
• increase retention
• increase sense of community
- Support each student’s journey towards self-reliance and graduation.
Contact Student Success: