VOICES is published annually by West Georgia Technical College. The magazine seeks to showcase the best examples of the creative spirit that is alive and well at WGTC. We solicit submissions year-round. Submissions are welcome from all current students, as well as staff and faculty members and members of all WGTC boards and committees.
We accept submissions in the following genres:
- Prose (Fiction and Nonfiction)
- Visual Art
Student editors are encouraged to volunteer to assist with selections, compilation and publication of the magazine. For more information about VOICES, email email@example.com.
- Deadline for Submission to 2018-19 VOICES: March 9, 2019
- Selections Determined/Publication Prepared: March 2019
- Notifications Sent: April 2019
- Unveiling Event: TBD
Submit Your Work
This year, we will be offering six cash prizes in each of the three artistic categories. Prose (fiction or nonfiction), poetry, and visually-represented art (photography or photographs of one’s art) will each have one first-place award ($50), two second-place awards ($30), and three third-place awards ($20). The best art or photography piece will also serve as the cover art for this year’s VOICES publication.
- Winners will be notified and awarded their prizes at the unveiling event (April 19, 2018, at the Murphy ARC). Though submissions are accepted from current students, former students, and current members of WGTC in other capacities, only currently (2017-2018) enrolled students are eligible for prizes. Winners will be chosen by blind evaluation, and their selections will be highlighted in the final publication.
- Please contact Lisa Cunningham firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.