West Georgia Technical College graduation exercises are scheduled once per semester. Students should meet with their academic advisor before completing the graduation application.
Deadlines for Graduation Application
- Summer Graduation: Application due by March 1
- Fall Graduation: Application due by July 1
- Spring Graduation: Application due by October 1
Prior to graduation, each degree, diploma or certificate student must:
- Achieve regular program admission status for the program.
- Complete all program curriculum requirements.
- Earn a graduation grade point average of 2.0 in their program of study.
- Be in good academic standing with West Georgia Technical College.
- Submit a Graduation Application (for a degree, diploma or certificate) with the adviser’s signature to the Registrar’s Office.
- Settle all financial obligations with West Georgia Technical College, including the $40 graduation fee.
- If applying to graduate with an associate degree, take the ETS Proficiency Profile prior to graduation. Students should contact their advisers for more information. (Graduate Exit Exam Registration Form)
A separate application and fee of $40 is required for each degree, diploma or certificate. The graduation fee is nonrefundable and payable to the Business Office at the time a student submits an application for graduation. This fee will cover the cost of graduation activities and processing of the diploma or certificate. All questions concerning the graduation process should be directed to the Registrar’s Office.
Students who are pursuing a degree or diploma program that has embedded certificates will not be required to pay the $40 fee for the embedded certificate.