WGTC Employment Opportunities
Welcome to West Georgia Technical College! WGTC serves seven counties at the heart of the greater West Georgia region. With variety of scenery, recreational activities, shopping and down-home charm, West Georgia is a great place to live and work. West Georgia Tech has five campuses and three additional sites across the region, employing over 300 full-time employees and several hundred more part-time staff and adjunct faculty. The college provides excellent educational opportunities within its communities and is a leader in the development of partnerships between educational resources and business and industry. As a member of the Technical College System of Georgia, WGTC offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits that include retirement, paid state holidays, annual, sick, and education leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
How to Apply for Employment at West Georgia Technical College
Applicants interested in applying for open positions with West Georgia Technical College should take the following actions:
- Review position announcements and Submit your Application at Team Georgia Career Website.
- Applicants should follow the system prompts.
- Current employees of the State of Georgia should utilize the “Current Employee Login” when applying for positions on the Team Georgia Careers site. Logging in as a Current Employee is the only way to see the “Internal Only” postings. Current employee user names are the same as the employee’s PeopleSoft/Payroll ID number.
- Please submit a separate application, resume’, and unofficial transcripts for each position when applying for multiple positions.
- Please indicate salary data for each position held.
- All academic credentials obtained should be included on your application.
- Official College Transcripts are not required with the initial employment application, but submission of Unofficial Transcripts is required to be uploaded with your application. Official College Transcripts are required upon offer of employment.
- All applicants will receive confirmation through the Team Georgia Careers website, acknowledging receipt of the application. Due to the volume of applications received, Human Resources is unable to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
If you do not have easy access to a computer from which to apply for a position, you may use the public library, the Department of Labor Centers and each of our campuses has an onsite library. If you experience any issues with our online application process, you may call Human Resources at (770) 537-6035 between the hours of 8:00 AM -5:30 PM, Monday thru Thursday.
Things to Know!
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online by the posted deadline.
- The completed application packet consists of the following:
- A completed online application
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Current Resume’
- Unofficial Transcripts. (All candidates for employment must provide Unofficial Transcripts from institutions listed on their application).
- Certifications/Licensures. (Persons hired in positions requiring licensure or certification as a condition of employment must provide satisfactory proof of current licensure/certificate status at the time of employment. Licenses/certificates must be maintained as a condition of employment).
- Incomplete application packets at the time of the position closing may not be considered. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and upload the application documentation by the stated deadline.
- All positions require a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation and Motor Vehicle Records check. Some positions additionally require a Credit History check, pre-employment drug test, and physical examination.
- If you have a disability and need accommodations, please contact Human Resources at (770) 537-6035.
- Information provided on your application and with your application materials, is subject to the Georgia Open Records Act (O.CG.A. §5018-70).
- State Law requires all selected male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 to present proof of having registered with the Selective Service System or to present proof of being exempt from registration prior to beginning state employment. This requirement must be met prior to the hire of any individual within this definition for any position at North Georgia Technical College.
- West Georgia Technical College (WGTC) participates in the Federal Government E-Verify Program, which is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. WGTC participates in the Web-based program, E-Verify, (Employment Verification) to fulfill this requirement. When necessary, information will be provided to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from your DHS Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. West Georgia Technical College Federally-Issued User ID # 451203.
THANK YOU for your interest in West Georgia Technical College!
As set forth in its student catalog, West Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Equity (Title IX) Coordinator, Dean of Students, 770.537.5722, 176 Murphy Campus Blvd., Waco, GA 30182. ADA (Section 504) coordinator is Executive V.P. of Administrative Services, 678.664.0533, 401 Adamson Square, Carrollton, GA 30117.