Student Government Association
Beyond aiding in allocation of student activities funds, SGA serves in a school-enhancing capacity, community involvement capacity, a forum to meet new students, a place to develop leadership skills and much more. GSGA participates in many school-wide events ranging from participating in Campus Community Open House to running local blood drives on all of our campuses. Members of the Georgia Student Government Association (GSGA) also get to participate in off-site leadership conferences and workshops.
SGA is committed to supporting our local communities. It is our civic responsibility to give to those less fortunate.
Some of our past programs include work with:
- SGA Scholarships
- American Red Cross
- Feed the Sheep Ministries
- Department of Family & Children’s Services
- Alice’s House
- Habitat For Humanity
- Arbor Place – Time of Giving
- Our House For Kids
- Relay For Life
Want to join? Apply today! Student Government Association Application
GSGA Positions Requiring Campaigning: all slated positions. Slated positions are listed below. Note: slated positions will be determined at GSGA retreat after the installation ceremony.
- President (must be a previous member)
- Vice President
- Campus Representatives:
General Members – just fill out an application and we’ll let you know about the meetings! No campaigning required!
Organization representatives will be appointed by your student organization! No campaigning required!
All SGA meetings usually take place every other week around lunchtime on each campus in the Boardroom and use the Tandberg (video chat) communication to hold meetings. Dates for meetings are TBD and will be established when the new EC has been installed.
Two All GSGA retreats will take place this year as well!
Important dates and deadlines:
- Applications for all positions and general are due March 31
- GSGA Campaign Meeting – April 10 – Tandberg 12-1 p.m. – must attend (if possible) upcoming GSGA meetings
- GSGA Campaigning Begins! – April 11 – 21
- GSGA Campaigning Ends – April 21
- GSGA Voting Begins- Online voting will open at 8 a.m. for slate April 21-26
- GSGA Voting Ends- Online voting will end at midnight – April 26
- GSGA Voting results will be shared via WGTC email – April 28
- Installation ceremony for all GSGA officers is TBD
IF YOU ARE RUNNING FOR A CAMPAIGNING POSITION, PLEASE ATTEND THE GSGA CAMPAIGN MEETING IN THE TANBERG BOARDROOM ON YOUR CAMPUS – APRIL 10 – 12-1 p.m.