Placement Tests and Policies
Placement testing may be a required step in the admissions process applicants. The purpose of placement testing is to determine knowledge levels in Reading, Writing and Math. Our goal is to place you in appropriate courses that will increase your chance of success and program completion.
Benchmark scores for placement will differ by program; as a general rule, associate degree programs require higher test scores than diploma and certificate programs.
Some applicants may be exempt from some or all of the tests based on previously earned college credit. Applicants may also submit ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, or Compass scores that are less than five years old. Please do not assume that submission of test scores satisfies WGTC’s admission requirements.
- You must bring your photo ID to test. If you are testing for Dual Enrollment or for an outside entity, you will need to know your Social Security Number.
- Please contact Accessibility Services to inquire about testing accommodations, if necessary.
- The Accuplacer test is not timed but typically takes 2-3 hours to complete all sections.
- Children are not allowed in testing rooms, please do not bring children with you when you come to test.
- WGTC does not allow outside calculators; the software will provide one if needed to solve a problem.
- You will be asked to turn your phone off for the entire duration of your test.
- You will receive your scores immediately upon completion of the test.
Carroll Campus and LaGrange Campus, Tuesdays, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Coweta Campus and Douglas Campus, Wednesdays, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Murphy Campus, Thursdays, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Here are two ways to study!
- Download the free Accuplacer Study App for your phone or tablet.
- Request a login for the free WGTC Accuplacer Test Prep by emailing WGTCsuccess@westgatech.edu.