Learn-2-Earn is an integrated education and training program that focuses on impacting individuals through short-term education and training programs designed to quickly move participants toward securing and sustaining a livable wage. Targeted, contextualized classes through West Georgia Technical College’s Adult Education Program are designed to help individuals successfully pass the GED® exam, align with short-term industry recognized training, and be successful in the workforce.
*No cost to participants.
Learn-2-Earn Participant Benefits
Students may choose from the following program options of Childcare, Hospitality, or Manufacturing to complete their training and receive the following industry-recognized credentials:
- Develop skills within the field of Early Childhood Education through college courses
- Have the opportunity to earn the Early Childhood Care and Education Basics certificate
- Participate in hands-on work experience in a local daycare facility
- Customer Service and Hospitality Training
- Preparation for the Certified Guest Service Professional Exam
- Develop skills in Communication, Interviewing, Team-Building, and Customer Service
- Tourism Specific Training
- Manufacturing Basics
- Develop skills in Equipment Basics, Equipment Inspections, Operating Procedures
- Earn 2 credentials (OSHA 10 and Forklift Safety and Operation)