Your financial aid eligibility is dependent upon several factors including: residency and citizenship, admission status, program of study and number of credit hours. Although you are encouraged to begin your financial aid process early, WGTC cannot guarantee any aid without your being fully accepted to the college and enrolled in classes that are within your chosen major or program of study.
Let’s Get Started with Financial Aid at West Georgia Tech!
- You might be selected for Verification by the U.S. Department of Education (ED). Verification may take two-four weeks once you have successfully completed your verification requirements. Complete all your verification requirements before the priority deadline.
- Complete the Direct Loan Request Form if you would like to be awarded a student loan. This should be completed each aid year!
- Federal Pell Grant, loans and scholarships can be used to purchase books in our campus bookstore. Please be aware of the availability of funds in the bookstore.
- We will accept all applicants for financial assistance at any point during the semester, but deadlines are very important at WGTC. View our Priority Deadlines.
Importance of Meeting Deadlines
- We encourage all students take care of their financial aid needs weeks in advance of the deadline dates by becoming familiar with our Academic Calendar and Self-Service Banner Web account. WGTC Financial Aid deadlines and Admissions deadlines are also posted on our Academic Calendar. Please check our Academic Calendar frequently for important deadlines.
- If you apply after the priority deadline, you may not have financial aid readily available for book purchases and/or financial aid credited to your account at the time classes begin. In the event you apply late, after the priority deadline, it is your responsibility to cover your tuition, fees and book cost until you can be refunded.
- ·Students who have been awarded aid (i.e. Pell Grant, student loans, scholarship) prior to registration will have financial aid awards credited to the student’s account at the time of registration. If an overage exists after tuition and fees have been deducted from the student’s financial aid award, the student will receive a credit in the campus bookstore to use toward book purchases.
- Remaining credit will be made available in the campus and online bookstore one week prior to the first day of classes. Students may charge against their Pell Grant award, scholarships, loans and other financial aid to help pay for books and supplies in the campus bookstore.
- Financial Aid credits are only available in the bookstore a week before classes start and the first week of classes.
- Any remaining funds will be issued as a refund by the Business Office. Refunds normally begin the fifth week of the term. All registered students should receive a refund disbursement packet from BankMobile. Refund options include ACH to a current bank account or opening a BankMobile Vibe account. When refunds are processed, they will be deposited to the student’s selected account. Please ensure mailing addresses are kept current with WGTC and BankMobile to receive information regarding refunds.
- To obtain your personal code for BankMobile, visit: www.refundselection.com.
The Financial Aid Office has compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) and answers that you may find helpful.
Visit FATV for additional answers to your financial aid questions, such as:
- What is Financial Aid?
- What is Pell Grant?
- My parents are divorced. Which parent’s financial information should I use on the FAFSA?
- Staying Eligible: Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
West Georgia Technical College must annually distribute to all enrolled students a notice setting forth the information required to be made available to students and/or employees under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA) Sec. 485(a)(1), Sec. 485(f), Sec. 485(g), [Sec. 485(h)] and Sec. 485(j)., as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA). The notice must list and briefly describe the information and include a statement of the procedures required to obtain the information. For information listed in the notice that is disclosed on an institution’s website, the notice must include the exact electronic address and a statement that the institution will provide a paper copy upon request. This information is available through the West Georgia Technical College Registrar’s Office and Financial Aid Office. Paper copies are available upon request from those offices.
If the video below does not play- Financial Aid video– or try an alternate browser.