West Georgia Technical College believes that financial ability should not be a barrier to acquiring the education and skills for today’s job market. We offer need-based and non-need-based federal, state, and institutional financial aid to eligible students to defray the cost of attendance. The Financial Aid Office staff is here to assist you in exploring your options.
Financial Aid can come in the form of:
There are general eligibility requirements that must be met to receive financial aid. Anyone applying for financial assistance must meet the following general requirements:
• A student must be enrolled at West Georgia Technical College (WGTC) in an eligible program of study seeking a certificate, diploma or degree.
• A student must be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements. Male students ages 18-25 who have not registered for the Selective Service may register online at sss.gov. (Required for State aid only, effective 2021-2022)
• A student must be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States.
• A student must not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment to any other college, state or federal program.
• A student must resolve any existing drug conviction issue. Incarcerated students are not eligible for Financial Aid.
• A student must maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) towards the completion of his or her program of study.
• A student who already has a bachelor’s degree is ineligible for any Federal Grant (Pell, FWS and FSEOG) and the state’s HOPE Scholarship or Grant.
Questions? Call us at (855) 286-3462