Nurse Reentry Program
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS PROGRAM, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION.
The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), with the support of the Georgia Board of Nursing (GBON), has developed two pathways to reenter the high-demand field of nursing in the state of Georgia:
- A Registered Nurses (RNs) Re-entry Program, and
- A Practical Nurses (PNs) Re-entry Program
Both the RN and LPN re-entry programs, approved by the GBON, provide the individualized combination of 40 hours of independent online study (delivered via Blackboard) and 160 hours of clinical study required by the Board for reinstatement of licensure as a registered professional nurse.
These nurse re-entry programs are designed for those nurses who are presently ineligible for reinstatement of their license because the license has lapsed or has been inactive. Nurses who have active licenses returning to direct patient care who have not worked in the clinical area for some time may also benefit from this program.
The cost of this program is $1500.00. You will be required to pay after you have received approval to enter the program.
WHO DOES THIS APPLY TO?
- RNs and LPNs who have an active GA nursing license but have not practiced nursing for four or more years and want to refresh their knowledge base and nursing skills in preparation to reenter the nursing profession in a clinical setting
- RNs and LPNs who want to reinstate their GA nursing license by completing a required Board-approved re-entry/refresher program
- RNs and LPNs who have an active nursing license in another state but need to complete a required Board approved reentry/refresher program to apply for a GA nursing license