Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program. WIOA funds are available for dislocated workers and low income individuals. The funds are to be utilized to assist disadvantaged citizens in obtaining sustainable employment.
WIOA Basic Selection Criteria:
- Apply in your county of residence
- 2.0 or better GPA
- Desire to obtain full-time employment upon program completion
- Lack of existing skills
- Enrolled or desire to enroll in an occupation in high demand
WIOA Pre-Screening Questions:
- Are you enrolled as a full-time student or do you intend to be enrolled full-time?
- Are you PELL eligible?
- Are you unemployed as a result of a plant or company lay off or facility closure?
- Are you receiving any type government funded assistance or consider yourself to be low income?
Eligible costs associated with training (this is not an all inclusive list):
- Tuition and Fees
- Required equipment or tools
- Daily Travel Allowance
- Childcare Expenses
For more information:
Contact the WIOA representative for your county of residence:
Mary Sell Teresa Hunter
Carroll and Heard Coweta, Troup and Meriwether
Lisa Ives Douglas County
Haralson, Polk and Paulding