Skip to content
Registered Nursing student

Transfer Student

Transfer Student

WGTC welcomes students who have previously attended other colleges or universities. If you have ever attempted college courses at another institution, you are considered a transfer student and would need to complete the simple steps below:


  1. Apply online and pay the $25 non-refundable application fee.
  2. Submit an official high school or high school equivalency transcript.  Applicants who have successfully completed (“C” or better) a minimum of 12 semesters or 18 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official college transcripts in lieu of a high school diploma or GED.
  3. Official, sealed college transcripts must be submitted if transfer credit is desired, but college transcripts are not required for admission***. Transcript must be received from the college where the grade was earned.
  4. Take the Accuplacer placement test and/or submit ACT or SAT scores, successful completion of college English and/or math courses, or high school transcript with a final grade point average of 2.0. Additional Testing Information
  5. Provide verification of lawful presence and documentation of residency to qualify for in-state tuition.
  6. Receive acceptance letter and final instructions from the WGTC Admissions Office.


Helpful Hints:

  • The application process for financial aid is separate.
  • A transcript is official if it is delivered to WGTC (by mail or in person) in the same sealed envelope it was placed in by the issuing institution. Transcripts can also be sent using an approved, secure electronic transcript sending service.
  • Students who graduated from a school outside the U.S. are required to submit an official evaluation of their transcript completed by an approved evaluation agency.


***Exception:  Students who request a HOPE Scholarship evaluation must submit official transcripts from ALL colleges previously attended.  College transcripts may also be required to satisfy financial aid requirements and Veteran Educational benefits.  Official college transcripts must be submitted for evaluation for transfer credit.