WELCOME TO WEST GEORGIA TECHNICAL COLLEGE!
All new students are required to complete New Student Orientation. These sessions provide important information to WGTC students aid in navigating college and getting registered for classes. Please select one of the options below to register for New Student Orientation.
Registration for orientation closes three days prior to the date of the orientation session to allow staff time to prepare for the session and communicate all needed information to registered students.
To receive answers to New Student Orientation frequently asked questions, visit:
STEP 1: Register to attend orientation.
STEP 2: Attend Orientation.
STEP 3: Register for classes!
So you’ve completed orientation, now what?
If you completed in-person or the Live Virtual orientation: Your hold will be removed during the general information session and afterwards you will register yourself for classes.
If you completed the online self-paced orientation: We will notify you by email when your orientation hold has been removed. We’re working as quickly as possible but hold removal is a manual process. We remove holds 8am-6pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-12pm on Fridays. If you complete your orientation outside of normal business hours your hold will be removed the next business day.
Once your hold is removed you can log into Self-Service Bannerweb and register for your classes.
How do I register for my classes?
We walk you through the registration steps in the self-paced online orientation. Make sure you take notes and download the instructions from the presentation. To find out what classes you need to register for, use your program completion checklist found here: https://www.westgatech.edu/student-advising/program-completion-checklists/ Again, you will not be able to register for classes until you complete orientation and your hold has been removed.
How do I access my Self-Service Banner Web Account?
- Click the Banner Web, Student Email, or myWGTC link found at the very top of the website.E
- Enter your user name and password. Your Username is your full WGTC student email address. Example: Username: firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial default Password is your 8 digit birth date (MMDDYYYY) If your birthday is January 1, 1990, then your password is 01011990
- If you are logging in the first time, please follow the Okta prompts for registering alternate contact information. Please ensure that you register a valid phone number. The available options are to be texted an SMS code, or a phone call. There is also a 3rd option in the form of the Okta Verify app. This gives you the option to use a rotating 6-digit code provided by the app for multifactor authentication, or simply using push notifications.
- For detailed step by step information, view the OKTA quickstart guide
- Please make a note of: Username, New Password, Security Question and Answer, for future reference.
- To log into Self-service Banner Web go here: https://www.westgatech.edu/banner-web-login/
Problems signing up for orientation, completing orientation or other questions? Contact us!
Email us at email@example.com