Whether it is at one of the nine college campuses or sites or on-site at the organization’s training facility, the Economic Development division at West Georgia Technical College can build and deliver a customized solution that is specifically targeted to fill the skill gaps and meet the objectives of a company’s talent management plan. Contact us to have a free training needs analysis to see what your company needs.
Earn a Certificate in Effective Leadership!
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Efficient Communication
- Leadership and Influence
- Peer Yesterday, Leader Today
- Designing Effective Presentation Skills
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Multi-Generations
- Teamwork for Leaders
- Performance Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Emotional Intelligence
Automated Manufacturing Skill and Task Training:
Precision and automated manufacturing requires highly skilled operators and maintenance employees to operate and maintain the high-tech and expensive equipment. Most competitive manufacturers use programmable logic controllers and sophisticated robotic equipment. The maintenance and repair is not only time consuming, but it is can be quite expensive if production is negatively affected. Highly skilled machine operators must be able to set up and operate their equipment effectively and efficiently. They must be able to clear jams, handle cold starts not only as needed but safely. Troubleshooting skills save high cost maintenance and down production time. Maintenance personnel must be able to make critical adjustments, schedule preventative maintenance procedures and make repairs in a timely manner. Troubleshooting and upgrading machinery is essential to any maintenance department.
The Precision Manufacturing faculty and staff can provide the initial assessments, both written and hands-on identification assessments to determine cost efficient and relevant training that will fill skill gaps in these areas.
Popular training requests include:
- Basic AC/DC Electrical Fundamentals
- Electrical Motor Control for Maintenance Troubleshooting: Level 1 and 2
- Basic Mechanical Fundamentals
- Introduction to PLC for Maintenance: Understanding and Troubleshooting
- Introduction to PLC Programming: Allen-Bradley RS Logix 5000
- Introduction to PLC Programming: Allen Bradley RS Logix 500
- Introduction to PLC Programming: Siemens
- Basics for Robotics and Maintenance
- Basics for Variable Frequency Drives
- Variable Frequency Drives in Automated Systems
- Preventive Maintenance (scheduling, data collection and history logs)