Anyone applying for financial assistance must meet the following general requirements:
- A student must be enrolled at West Georgia Technical College (WGTC) in an eligible program of study seeking a certificate, diploma or degree.
- A student must be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States.
- A student must be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements. Male students ages 18-25 who have not registered for the Selective Service may register online at sss.gov.
- A student must not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment to any other college, state or federal program.
- A student must resolve any existing drug conviction issue. Incarcerated students are not eligible for Financial Aid.
- A student must maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) towards the completion of his or her program of study.
- A student who already has a bachelor’s degree is ineligible for any Federal Grant (Pell, FWS and FSEOG) and the state’s HOPE Scholarship or Grant.