Financial aid awards are made based upon the date your financial aid file is complete. The availability of financial aid cannot be guaranteed for the payment of tuition, fees, or books for students who completed their financial aid files after the priority deadline. If you are eligible and approved for financial aid, the Financial Aid Office applies the eligible funding as a “memo credit” toward tuition and fee charges. The memo credit can take up to 48 hours (during normal business hours) to be reflected in Banner Web after registration or a schedule change.
Fee Payment, Credits, Disbursements and Refunds FAQ
If you have excess financial aid funds after tuition and fees are paid, those funds, up to a maximum of $700, will be available for the purchase of books and supplies in one of WGTC’s campus bookstores. (We cannot make these funds available for third-party purchases.) Bookstore credits typically become available the week prior to classes beginning through the second week of the term, but you should confirm the exact dates with the bookstore.
Disbursement is the process of transitioning memo credits to an applied payment in Banner Web account against charges for the semester. Financial aid disburses 14 days after the start of the semester to students who have met all requirements for disbursement. * Disbursement is not the same as refund being issued-see below for refunds*
There are several reasons why only a portion or none of your aid disbursed. Below are a few factors.
- Your enrollment is less than full-time (12 or more credit hours). Federal Pell Grant and HOPE Programs are prorated based on your number of enrolled credits.
- You have classes that don’t begin until later in the semester (part-of-term classes)
- You have not completed loan entrance counseling or the Master Promissory Note, if a federal loan recipient.
- First time Direct Loan borrowers are subject to a 30-day delayed disbursement requirement per federal regulations.
- A single semester loan—fall only, for example–funds are required to be disbursed in two installments—the first near the beginning of the semester and the second after the midpoint of the semester. You must maintain enrollment and attendance in 6 or more credit hours to receive each of the loan disbursements.
After your financial aid is disbursed to pay outstanding tuition, fees, and any book charges, the Business Office has 14 calendar days to issue any refund, if you have excess financial aid.
All registered students should receive instructions on how to select a refund preference. West Georgia Technical College delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Visit this link for more information: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.